[Jacob-list] breeding lambs

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Sat Oct 27 16:31:57 EDT 2001

I leave all my ewe lambs in the breeding groups.  With only two exceptions,
they have bred as lambs. One of those did not lamb the following year either
and was culled. I usually do not put my rams in until the ewe lambs are at
least 6 months old andsometimes wait until they are 7 months.  I expect my ewe
lambs to breed and lamb as yearlings.  They are very polite ewes and usually
comply!

Linda

Visit our flock of Jacob Sheep www.patchworkfibers.comwww.patchworkfibers.com