[Jacob-list] Webring Changing?

Pavel314 Pavel314 at home.com
Sun Oct 21 21:45:59 EDT 2001

I received an email the other day telling me that Webring is no longer
part of Yahoo! and that I have to transfer my membership in the Rare
Sheep Breeds webring. So I clicked on the link and got to a page that
said that Webring and Yahoo! were teaming up. So I'm not sure what's
going on.

I searched to see what webrings I was on to get the ID and codes, and it
said that I was on no webring. However, when I go to my homepage, the
webring links work fine; if you go to my website, you can confirm that
it really works. From the page source, I discovered that the webring is
named "jacobsheep" and that I'm #2. I tried their transfer procedure,
but it didn't like my password. I tried my half-dozen or so favorite
passwords, but none worked. So I changed my Yahoo! password but it
didn't like that, either.

Has anyone else gotten this message? Is it for real or is this some sort
of cyber-terrorism? Has anyone followed this procedure successfully?

Paul Intihar
Rainbow Farm
Joppa, Maryland