[Jacob-list] breeding groups

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Thu Oct 11 03:18:17 EDT 2001

Ah, I get it!  I haven't begun that process yet...Oct. 15th, the ewes go alongside the rams with three fences in between, and Nov. 1, they go into breeding groups, until Nov. 18.  This year I have a new ram, one familiar to Katrina and Benedicts, and probably others: Horatio, son of Dynamite.  Boy, is he a find!  He is beautiful, but also is a dominant ram but gentle with those he dominates.  He seems to have brought Ramsay, the shetland bully, into line, with little effort, and now I watch, trying not to laugh aloud in Ramsay's face as Horatio merely gives Ramsay a look, and Ramsay backs up two steps, lowers his head to the ground, and says, "Oh, yes, I forgot, you go first...sorry!" in a very contrite voice, or so I imagine.  This from a killer-dominant, don't get in my space, albeit gorgeous guy.