[Jacob-list] Posts/The list

Jacobflock at aol.com Jacobflock at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 12:37:21 EDT 2001

The list is the TODO list.  Just had our ewes and rams bein to cycle .. and
the temp drop to that poibt that the rams got interested.  We ran pedigrees
for each ram and ewe, checked some inbreeding relatedness on about 20 of
these, spent about two full days moving sheep to set up nine breeding groups
and are getting ready for the Scrapie program vet tomorrow.  We had to go
thru the flock and retag about 15 sheep that lost their tags.

You know its weird when we're sorting and the question comes to mind...  it
should be an obvious answer... but I don't know why a four horn Jacob more
often (?) has two top horns and two laterals.  Why haven't there been any
Jacobs reported that are two horn; two laterals and no top horns?  Albeit
there are Jacobs with four top horns .. fused.

Yes, I got knocked over by a ram setting up the groups.

Fred Horak