[Jacob-list] Alfalfa Hay

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at blueridge.net
Mon Nov 26 20:36:23 EST 2001

When we lived in SC, when I had just a few sheep, I used to drive to a
place that sold several varieties of "imported" (to SC) hays...coming
from New York, Nevada, Canada, etc, along with the local variety.  One
time,  I remember thinking LONG and HARD on a huge, BEAUTIFUL
bale of alfalfa that was over $25!  I did  splurge, and it lasted weeks
and weeks when added to the
grass hay we normally fed...the sheep loved it and the bunnies got a
treat now and then too!  My
husband grew up on a farm years (and years!) ago....he was not amused!

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm