[Jacob-list] Alfalfa Hay

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Mon Nov 26 11:33:10 EST 2001

The expense of alfalfa hay in the South has been mentioned.  I am curious as to the price you have to pay.  In Ohio, we are paying $3.00/bale for good quality alfalfa hay, delivered and put in the mow.  We feel that .50 or 1.00 more for alfalfa hay is not adding to our feed bill, as they waste less.
Has anyone heard of the way some show lambs are being fed?  This year I was told by a woman showing at the Oh. State Fair, that some are being fed NO hay, causing them to try to eat their bedding material - straw or shavings!  Some are on a diet of Ensure.

                                                             Mary Spahr