[Jacob-list] minerals

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Wed Nov 21 12:50:34 EST 2001

I feed a loose mineral/salt combination - I've always been advised to
stay away from blocks because it wears down the teeth of the sheep -
which is often a problem in elderly sheep anyway.  This mineral mix which
contains salt  is the only source of salt for my sheep and is made by
Ration Maker Products out of Ashboro, NC and it is called "Sheep Feeder."
 To feed this loose mix I put a small rubber tub in the center of a small
tire - I only have a handful of sheep so use a small dish in an old front
tire from a small Kubota tractor - but size could be modified depending
on your needs.  I put it in a corner of the barn, the tire keeps the
dish/tub from dumping, and makes it easy for me to clean it occasionally.
 I purchase this from a local guy who carries this product, and it comes
in a 50 lb. bags which he delivers to my door.

Sue Martin
Stonecroft
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.