[Jacob-list] grass vs. grain

dbennet954 at earthlink.net dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 21 10:31:21 EST 2001

  How do you put out salt/mineral mix for the rams? I have not found salt
blocks for sheep in my area, only loose salt (the vet said loose salt
was preferable anyway) and every container/setup I've tried has been a
disaster. We use "tire swings" for the ewes and it works really well,
but the rams can't get their horns into them. I have a bowl nailed to a
stump, but its out in the rain, so that's not working. Trying to affix a
container to the barn wall doesn't work (again, horns in the way). A
bowl on the floor gets knocked over on a daily basis. So, what works?
Thanks,
Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre