[Jacob-list] weaning lambs

Sugar Hill Farm sugarhillfarm at i2k.com
Wed May 30 07:11:06 EDT 2001

Hi Robin and all,

I generally don't wean until fall and then only the rams.  My ewes wean the lambs naturally.  They just seem to get tired of the nursing and push them away when it's time.  The ewes don't make a big deal about it and it's not harsh.  The mothers and lambs for ever recognise each other and seem to rest side by side on an ongoing basis.  I've had no problems operating this way.

Marcia

Sugar Hill Farm, Heritage Livestock
Jacob & Shetland Sheep, Wool Products,
American Bashkir Curly Horses,