[Jacob-list] fmd info

Susan Russell srussell at lib.south-ayrshire.gov.uk
Thu May 17 08:56:57 EDT 2001

List,
coming from Scotland, and into rare breeds, this relaxation on culling is
only political. With a General Election on 7th June, mr Blair is Mr Nice Guy.
This sanctuary business was not on. She had 2 sheep and 3 cross goats..Why
was one of the main Shetland sheep breeders in Scotland culled, and these
saved? She had the only S1 scrapie registered rams in the
UK...............THEY WILL BE CULLED SAY MAFF.
   2 days afterwards, they backtracked on the 3km criteria
Too late for her sheep, and the Irish Moiled cattle, of which there are only
a few left in the UK!!!!!
15 years of dedicated breeding and scrapie testing gone in 2 hours......
The sheep in Wigtownshire in Dumfries and Galloway are very scarce of sheep
now. In a 18 mile stretch of road, there are only 2 flocks left. One is my
hoggs from last year. The only Hebredeans left in Wigtownshire, my Shets,
and Jacobs.
Please do not look at the Uk plight through rose coloured spectacles. The
Media will only let you see what the Labour Government wants you to see.

THE INFO BELOW WAS ON ANOTHER "List", OF WHICH I AM A MEMBER.....THIS IS THE
REALITY THAT A YOUNG SOLDIER WAS PUT THROUGH......

I thought the following would be of interest to all of
you. Firstly, a letter from a soldier serving with the
Green Howards who assisted with the slaughter
operation in the Worcester area, and second a
compilation of statements made by people who have
assisted on farms and at the killing grounds in Powys.

" we were briefed that we'd be 'clearing up' - burning
and/or burying carcasses of animals humanely destroyed
by trained vets and slaughtermen. But that's all
turned out to be more spin and propaganda. What we're
actually doing is 'mopping up' - killing animals
they've left behind or can't be bothered to finish
off.
My regiment has got all sorts of battle honours for
fighting Britain's enemies all over the world, but
we're now engaged in heroic hand-to-hand combat with
lambs. Their mothers have been shot but some were so
frightened by the noise that they'd escaped all over
the place. As we don't have any humane killers, the
cleanest way of killing them is just to throw them in
the river. We might be trained to kill enemy soldiers,
but slitting the throat of a spring lamb, or beating
its brains out with a blunt instrument, is just too
much for some of the lads, so they'd rather drown
them, even if it's not really as quick.
One of my mates was detailed to stand by a pig which
was giving birth. As each piglet was born and crawled
away he had to smash it with the back of a shovel.
Once they'd all been born the pig was shot with all
the others.
Worst of all are the cows that have been shot but
not finished off by the slaughtermen. Some are still
crawling around, others are clearly still alive but
unable to move. We have to beat them to death with
lorry spanners or other heavy lumps of iron.
If people really knew what was going on I think
there'd be a revolution. All the animals I've seen
appeared to be quite healthy. The MAFF people say
it's the only thing that can be done, but if you ask
them why they can't vaccinate, they all come up with
different reasons, none of which sound very
convincing.
Please publicise this. The more people know what a
mess this is, the sooner we can stop being unarmed
slaughtermen and go back to being proper soldiers"
- - - - - - - - -

"They had to get the lads from the farms in to help
out because the digger drivers were just throwing up
all the time because of the smell......there were
grown men running around crying because of the animals
- all the small lambs and calves ......lots of the
sheep and a few of the cattle were heavily pregnant
and as they were shot they gave birth and we had to go
in and kill the calves and lambs ......some of the
animals were still alive in the lorries carrying
corpses, they must have been stunned and come round
.........lots of the sheep were very stressed out when
they were driven out of the lorries - some of the very
pregnant ewes were really bad.......a mate of mine
said there were live sheep trying to get out of the
burial pit when they' all been tipped in as dead
bodies."

I think these will really bring it home to people
just how barbaric, shameful and downright cruel this
whole business has been.

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2314.100