[Jacob-list] Jacob over Corriedale/Romney

Jacobflock at aol.com Jacobflock at aol.com
Wed May 2 23:58:11 EDT 2001

I don't think that the breeding of the Jacob over the Corriedale/Romney can
tell much of anything.  The Romney can be a white or colored; and a
Corriedale?  The cross itself puts another unknown into the equation...  The
fleece and conformation of the crosses should be interesting given the
contrast between the Jacob fleece (open) and Romney(dense) and the goaty vs
stocky structure.  I have seen several Romney/Jacob crosses and the progeny
in many cases looked pretty Jacoby.

The cross of the known self colored to the dominant black is really a
tell-tale.  The word "known" suddenly struck me again.  Whenever one is
breeding, knowing the genotype/phenotype/pedigree of at least one parent is
extremely helpful in understanding what the progeny is conveying.  Fred