[Jacob-list] JSBA Meeting

Susan L. Nielsen snielsen at orednet.org
Tue Jun 12 12:41:50 EDT 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 Jacobflock at aol.com wrote:

> The program hosted by George and Marilyn Brown and organized by Dr. Gary
> Anderson (and with the support of his bride Dianne) and the Jacob Sheep
> Breeders Assoc for the benefit of all Jacob breeders was outstanding.

The weekend was just wonderful. All I can say is, oh! yes! I am bulging
with new information, new acquaintances, and (alas) a few new lbs. as
a result of the Brown's spectacular hospitality. Those who missed this
meeting really have to try to do one in the future, but I suspect they
will have missed one of the best anyway.

> The
> group of speakers were each in their areas both scientifically knowledgeable
> and practically experienced.  These people had the grey matter to explain,

That might have been "lilac matter," Fred. ;-) It was great to have all
those speakers stick around through the afternoon to make themselves
available to us. Since Jacob breeders seem not to be a shy bunch on the
whole, a couple of them even took some lumps in the discussions around
lunch. They took it with good will, it seemed. They probably chalked it
up to our primitive behaviors.

It was a good meeting.

Susan
--
Susan Nielsen, Shambles Workshops      		|"...Gently down the
Beavercreek, OR, USA -- snielsen at orednet.org  	|stream..." -- Anon.