[Jacob-list] hay feeders

Mark Essen messen at socket.net
Thu Jul 26 19:24:07 EDT 2001

I bought one of these hay feeders last year for about $325.  Like Edd, I thought it was way too high, but have been very pleased.  In fact, Edd if you ever want to sell yours, let me know.
Young yaks can get their lyre shaped horns stuck, but that is the only problem I have ever had.  There is truly less waste with these then any other method I have ever seen.
Sheep do have to reach up somewhat to eat, but I do not think it contaminates the fleece much.  Then again, I am not a fleece expert.
These might be a bit wasteful if you are feeding small bales.
If you are feeding large bales, it is easier to load with a front loader.
Mark Essen
Famous Acres
6701 County Road 353
Fulton, Mo.  65251
(573)642-0350
messen at socket.net
Jacobs 4-Horn Sheep, Pygmy Goats, Pyrenees, Peafowl, Highland Cattle, Yak, Emu, and Fallow Deer all living together in the Kingdom of Callaway