[Jacob-list] scratchy head

2512 at nethawk.com 2512 at nethawk.com
Wed Jul 18 15:40:41 EDT 2001

We have the ewe penned up in the barn and are going to treat her daily.  I will let the list know how the treatment of Cut and Heal and Swat works.  I almost wonder if it is fly strike.  I can't see any maggots (I can barely type that word, let alone find one on her head) but it looks painful.  It is always my favorite one that has something happen to it.
My theory is that she cut her horn eating through the fence and the flies won't leave it alone, hence the scratching with her hind feet. Whether or not she is genetically predisposed to this will come out in the wash if she does it next year too. Thanks for all the input. It is nice to share experiences and know what to look for.
Bonnie

Bonnie and Herb Sutten ~** Sheepy Thyme Farm**~Edmore, Michigan~**~
Llamas, California Variegated Mutant Sheep &  Natural Colored Romeldales
Jacob & Shetland Sheep, French Angora Rabbits,  ABCA Border Collies
http://www.agdomain.com/web/sheepythyme/ ** email: sheepythyme at nethawk.com