[Jacob-list] Re: "cow-hocked" vs."?"

Grose NLGrose at Yadtel.net
Sat Jul 14 10:06:35 EDT 2001

What else can we call this? Actually, "tracks narrowly" works for me. I've seen enough deer tracks to know that they track narrowly as well. This is an adaptation for raiding cantaloupe patches. Most all the Jacob sheep that I have seen do this {track narrowly, raid cantaloupe patches if given a chance]. This may be a primary "primitive" trait. Hard hooves and resistance to foot rot tend to be adaptations to swamps/moors, think Romneys not Merinos or Angora goats. Jacobs seem to do well at both.

Neal Grose