[Jacob-list] (no subject)

melody melody at empnet.com
Thu Jul 12 13:46:23 EDT 2001

I have one ewe who sheds, beginning in January.  This trait was also noticed
by her previous owner.  She  begins to shed across her flanks and sides.
She soon looks like an orphan child, the poor ragamuffin with long strands
of wool trailing off her.   She does not get patchy, and by shearing time
still has a good fleece,  but does shed a noticeable amount.   She is on the
same nutrition that the other ewes get, as she was with her previous owner,
so I agree that this must not be a nutrition-related occurrence.
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR