[Jacob-list] vets - a matter of economics

Robvcas at aol.com Robvcas at aol.com
Thu Jan 25 18:45:48 EST 2001

In a message dated 1/25/01 5:37:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lambfarm at sover.net writes:

> However, there are still those annoying little prescriptions, which we
> can't write!
>
> I agree that the longer I have sheep, the more I do myself.  I would never
> dream of bothering a busy vet to give shots!  But when it comes to
> C-sections or other surgeries, I don't have the anesthetics nor the prowess
> to do that kind of stuff.

I agree with your points, Betty.  I also call in the experts for anything
having to do with bones, way beyond my talent !  I used to do the annual
boosters for my dogs, but after my 95 lb. German Shepherd cried when I gave
him a shot a few years ago I got soft  .  We now go to the vet for the dogs
annual , and I get any prescriptions I need for the livestock at that time.
My dog  vet knows that I do most of the medical stuff here so when I explain
what I need and why, he gives me a script.  I then send it in with my vaccine
order.  I live very close to Tufts Veteranary School,  where they get $100
for you to walk in with an animal, and then the treatment costs begin !
Robin C.