[Jacob-list] Ram ages

Black, Tiar and Jason theblacks at interisland.net
Thu Jan 25 15:34:59 EST 2001

Hi all. I have a question about ram ages. We have a beautiful 4 horned jacob ram that we got when we bought our flock last year. I have found out that he is registered and he is 9 year old. He seems to be doing fine - everyone is bred that is- but how old are rams before they are retired? My husband just laughs at me every time I ask him that question and says that it should have happen to Alex (MY ram) along time ago.
Also does anyone know of softwear for keeping track of a flock?  I have softwear that will do everything for my rabbits - pedigrees, breeding dates, chore sheets, gentetics etc but I would like one for my sheep also.  Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tiar Black
ZLazyJ Farm
Friday Harbor Wa