[Jacob-list] Rams vs Ewe lambs

SteffArce at aol.com SteffArce at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 19:46:51 EST 2001

Hi everyone,
I would be interested and willing in collecting the data from members on the
list on the gender of their lambs. We could include many variables: age of
rams, age of ewes, number of ewes with rams, type of feed, supplement if any,
month of breeding, cycling of ewes, etc....whatever.
What do y'all think? Would be a fun project. Then next year we could set up
certain conditions for a control group after everyone's input.... and look at
publishing the study (:  This could influence how rams are bought and sold.

Fred and all, I do appreciate your input. It is a good reminder that
diagnostic's can be difficult even for the skilled shepherd. That's why it is
good to have experienced fellow shepherd's available for advise as well as
the vet. You can help us have an objective view of the overall picture. I
know I can get focus on one problem and miss another with my precious little
flock. Early Symptoms are the best learned. Knowing the normal behavior of
each animal would alert me to a sudle but important change.
Things I would have never thought of being a problem, until someone shared
their experience and effects.

Melanie, I've been watching how your ewe is doing. Thinking of you everyday.
Continue to keep us informed.

Stephanie