[Jacob-list] vets

Chovhani melanie.boxall at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 23 12:34:28 EST 2001

Yes, it certainly makes a difference where you live. Sheep are a rare sight
up here. The next nearest Jacob flock to me is almost an hour's drive, and
even "regular" sheep are such a surprise that out driving people comment on
them. There is also a general shortage of vets. There's no way one of our
local vets would make a call for an eye infection. Our shearer drives an
hour to us.

Zoe is the same this morning, we're putting everything into her that has
been suggested to us, she is drinking OK, but still only just nibbling
unenthusiastically at hay. I gave her a huge hug to check for bloat again
and at least she's not bloated. This is no longer an acute problem!

Melanie
http://www.geocities.com/onionperogie
http://earthhome.tripod.com