[Jacob-list] New lambs!!!!!!!!!

Black, Tiar and Jason theblacks at interisland.net
Thu Feb 15 20:46:09 EST 2001

Hi all. I just thought that since it has been so slow I would share my lambing with you. We had our first confirmed purebred jacob ewe give birth to 2 beautiful 4 horned ram lambs! It happened a couple of nights ago and I just haven't been able to pull myself away from them!  Last year we had bought the flock already bred to who knows what - we shipped off a couple dozen jacob rams and shetland rams and some crosses and they had all been running together with the ewes for at least 2 years that we know of so we had no clue what we were going to get last year and let me tell you it was a modge podged bunch. It was fun but it doesn't even compare to seeing 'the real thing'. Both little rams were perfect. The larger of the two has more black and nice round spots with only a few that 'melt' together and the smaller on has a lot less black and more defined spots. I can already feel their horns popping up - all 4. What fun. I can't wait to get a digital camera - one that really works. I would love to share pictures! Well we have 3 ewes lambed out (the other two are horned dorsetts that were bred to a suffolk ram)and we have 15 left to go. I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve! I just can't wait to see the next ones!
Have a great weekend - I am headed of to Vancouver island in B.C. for a rabbit show. My husband is in charge here for the next few days. Happy lambing!
Tiar Black
ZLazyJ Farm
French Lop & Dwarf Hotot rabbits & registered Jacob sheep
Friday Harbor Wa
theblacks at interisland.net