[Jacob-list] Rammed !

Mary McCracken mcmcc at ucinet.com
Sat Feb 3 23:09:02 EST 2001

Lovely image!!!

Another ram story?  I had to cross a small pasture with a particularly feisty young ram on my way to the barn.  Since there was a pond all along that pasture I always figured I could avoid a hit by jumping in.  But the day he came charging at me I was freshly dressed for work.  Looking good.  He was moving fast so I stepped to the edge.  Then hesitated.  ONE of us had to go in.  I grabbed his horns and the deflection launched him into the pond.  Even his head went under. From the barn window I watched him flounder to shore and shake like a dog.  He went into a small corral after that until after the next breeding season.  They say 'attitude is everything', but it didn't affect how he TASTED.