[Jacob-list] Look out it's BADTRANS!

MarmontJacobs at aol.com MarmontJacobs at aol.com
Thu Dec 13 07:23:48 EST 2001

Hi all,
       Someone from this list ( a man I don't know at all) tried to send me
the badtrans b virus yesterday - we have had a lot of hassle and discussion
on this with an agricultural newsgroup I'm with in UK. I should imagine
others will have been mailed too. I think people using OE are more at risk
than those of us on aol as the scripting runs on its own. Look out for mail
coming in with _ at the beginning then a format ***.***.scr or .doc or
similar usually in reply to mail you've sent or posted (this was a
screensaver picture supposedly in response to my last posting to the group).
File sizes around 41kb. Do not open attachments - these mails are being sent
involuntarily and the virus is a WORM with backdoor TROJAN properties - ie
some security risk as the originator can harvest your key strokes back
through the system. I have AV and a firewall, but this is the second time
it's nearly got through.
    Aren't sheep so much more fun than computers!!
    Trisha M-S