[Jacob-list] Weather Phenomenon

Abigail Brown blotham at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 21:41:58 EST 2001

Like Mary, in Ohio, we here in Indiana have received
much rain this past week. Our rivers have flooded
twice this fall.

The sheep think that it is spring, it got so warm this
week! I grain the girls before breeding and then 4
weeks before lambing.

This week (on the day it was 70) I took the hay out to
the sheep in the wheel barrel just like I do twice a
day, but on this afternoon, Sarah and Rachel my oldest
ewes, kept following along the fence and just standing
around and waiting instead of diving into the hay like
they usually do. Sarah tarried the longest,while I was
filling the water tubs. Finally she walked over to the
fence closest to the wheel barrel and started
smelling, to see if I had anything else in there
besides hay. Then I realized what it was she was
waiting/looking for. . . . .grain! The weather was so
warm that day, she thought winter was past, spring was
here and it was time to have grain becaue lambs were
coming!

Abigail Brown
Shiloh Farm
Petersburg, IN