[Jacob-list] A Wool Gathering

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Wed Aug 29 11:19:16 EDT 2001

The Midwest Festival of Fibers presents "A Wool Gathering", held at Young's Jersey Dairy, located on Rt. 68 north of Yellow Springs, Oh.  It will be on Sept. 22 & 23, from 10:00 - 7:00 Sat., and 10:00 - 5:00 Sun.  The admission is free.  This is a small event but very interesting, with animal exhibits, vendors, and demonstrations.
We will be one of the participating vendors, displaying our Jacob products.  If anyone is in the area, try to stop and check it out. Young's Dairy averages 1,000 visitors each weekend who come especially for the homemade ice cream, milkshakes, etc. made from the Jersey cows that can be seen on the premises.  They have also added an additional restaurant and miniature golf course.  Last year I fell in love with the Suri alpacas and got to see an antique sock knitting machine in operation.
Clifton Mill is also not far from there.  It is an old water-powered grist mill that sells their own stone-ground flour.  The small town of Clifton has several antique stores to browse through.
If anyone would like more info let me know.

                                                                Mary Spahr