[Jacob-list] Re:minerals, symptoms

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Sat Aug 18 20:21:53 EDT 2001

I have the book, Feeds and Nutrition, but it is an old edition (third).  In it
it states that copper deficiencies have been reported in Florida and the
coastal plains regions of the the Southeast. It mentions something about adding
.5% copper sulfate to the salt mix.  I believe that .5% is something like 5
parts per thousand.  I may be wrong- I'm tired and achy today.
It does go on to mention a total intake, rather than a percentage, as toxic.
It might be interesting to figure just what your sheep are eating and calculate
on that.

Feel free to argue with me on the list - I'm here to learn.

Linda

Visit our flock of Jacob Sheep
www.patchworkfibers.comwww.patchworkfibers.com