[Jacob-list] Jacobs at fairs in general

Gary Tomas Fay fayg at mebtel.net
Mon Aug 13 19:54:47 EDT 2001

Excellent point....

I went to the NC State fair (for one day only) and saw the meat breeds,
and very little else. But one of the National Shepherd's groups was
there with posters and information. I knew I wanted small livestock that
could be easily handled, but was torn between Goats and Sheep. I read
the fact sheets and looked at the poster (From the American Sheep
Industry Association) and was intrigued by the uniqueness of the Jacob
and the horn set!

I looked at several breeds but kept coming back to Barbados, Romanov's
and Jacob's. When I did a search I found the "I See Spots" farm. I lived
in Greensboro previously and had not moved too far away so I stopped in
for a visit... Now I am hooked!!!! (Thanks MEH I think! 7;-}   )

It is not about winning ribbons with Jacob's, it is getting the public
exposed to the unique and wonderful properties of this fantastic breed.

Gary