[Jacob-list] Jacobs at Fair

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Sun Aug 12 11:39:24 EDT 2001

Does anyone know who took Jacob sheep to the Ohio State Fair?  We toured the sheep barn and saw a 2-horned ewe and a 4-horned ram lamb.  I think the same people also had a Coopworth ewe in the next pen.  I had never seen a Coopworth and was impressed by the brown/grey fleece.  There is also a family in Ohio who imported Wensleydale semen from the U.K. and performed A.I. on their Lincoln ewes.  They now have 1/2 blood Wensleydales and will use semen that was frozen before the hoof and mouth disease epidemic to achieve registerable Wensleydales.  They have fleeces availabe for sale.
There was a Corriedale ram there as large as a pony!  He weighed over 300 lbs.

                                                                 Mary Spahr