[Jacob-list] Jacob lilac question

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Sat Aug 4 08:47:18 EDT 2001

I've seen a condition where a black spot appears to "bleed" and the over all
appearance is mottled.  In this situation, the part that is grey used to be
white.  The birth fleece often has a faint tint to the area surrounding the
spots, even though the bleeding may not show up for a few years.  Not sure if
that was even your question, but I don't consider it evidence of lilac.
I do consider the eye ring to be evidence of a lilac carrier.
Linda
Visit our flock of Jacob Sheep
www.patchworkfibers.comwww.patchworkfibers.com