[Jacob-list] Jacob lilac question

Kathryn Shirley humbug7 at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 4 08:41:53 EDT 2001

This pattern I consider graying.  If an early grayer is bred to an early
grayer, I have never seen a lilac result.  The grays in my lilacs are a
distinctly different shade of gray from the early grayers.  Also, my lilac
lambs are a noticeably different color within a week of birth.

This of course, begs the question, why are gray lilacs not immediately
noticeable at birth?

Are your lilacs obvious from birth?  I never expected a lilac from two b/w
parents, so I never looked closely at the lambs birth color.

Kate Shirley