[Jacob-list] Livestock Auction

Wayne & Edie Van Valkenburg joyew at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 4 14:13:55 EDT 2001

Tiar,
I called our local USDA Office and spoke to Dr. Leslie Bulaga.  She has
nothing that states this is something the FDA has ordered.  For all
ruminants the FDA has been checking farms randomly since August to make
sure that no mammal feed has ben given to ruminants.  Farmers are to
keep labels of their feed.
Here is some information you can pursue.
Dr. Robert Mead State Vet in Washington State  360-902-1878
Web site for BSE  www.FDAGov/cvm
FDA Telephone # 301-443-1130  in Maryland
This should help you gather more information.
I would certainly be interested in your findings and so would Dr. bulaga

Edie Van Valkenburg, joy Farm, NJ