[Jacob-list] Suspected FMD

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Sun Apr 1 22:46:37 EDT 2001

Like Mark, I have also wondered if livestock owners in Europe are being compensated (fairly) for their losses.  I feel that if the same thing happened here, our govt. would be fair with us.  As farmers, it has been our experience that our govt. is sympathetic to our needs.
Operation Smiles is a great idea.  I will pass the addresses on to our local grade school.  I would also be glad to donate Jacob sheep to farmers in Europe if that is what they need.  Are there any other breeders out there who would be willing to donate if the transportation costs were paid for?
Thanks to Thom for the email address of the lady in Ga. who is coordinating these programs.  I intend to email her to find out more.

                                                                       Mary Spahr