[Jacob-list] Re: poison ivy

AvillFarm at aol.com AvillFarm at aol.com
Sat Sep 30 19:49:28 EDT 2000

I didn't use to be sensitive to it, but now I am and two years ago learned
much to my dismay that it is a bad idea to sort and skirt your fleeces when
they have been in the poison ivy.  These weren't jacob sheep, but rather
angora goats.  It happened as I was sorting and skirting fleeces wearing
short sleeves after they had been shorn in August.  I also got it on my face
at the same time which caused some rather nasty complications.  I would
recommend that they only handle the sheep wearing long sleeves and wash up
well afterwards.  I don't know how long it stays in the wool.

Elaina
Avillion Farm
Apex, NC