[Jacob-list] Lions and tigers and bears, OH MY

Abigail Brown blotham at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 00:46:56 EDT 2000

Hi Donna,

Don't be discouraged by the 'Horror Stories'. The
horror stories can happen with any type of animal a
farmer may have. As we have read the in previous
posts, rabbits, chickens, turkeys, and sheep. It
doesn't matter whether you have Jacobs or Suffolk.
When we lived in Colorado our Suffolk were attacked by
dogs and now living in Indiana our Jacobs were
attacked by dogs two years ago, killing a ewe and our
ram.

Like living and dying, having animals and the risk of
having your animals attacked is just a way of life for
those who live in the country. We all do everything we
can to protect our animals, but sometimes things
happen that are beyond our control.

Since our sheep were attacked by dogs our posture to
is that any stray dog on our property is a potential
danger to our animals and therefore is fair game!

Abigail Brown
Indiana