[Jacob-list] Sharing

Thomas Simmons creagchild at monad.net
Sun Sep 17 08:32:52 EDT 2000

\
>What a wonderful sharing for a Sunday morning about our special sheep.
>Thank you Shelly for the message.  It attests to the responsiveness of
>the Jacob and their bonding ability if treated with love and caring.

I would just like to second the motion!

I like the way you name your sheep - we had one little ewe born (a
"surprise") this past spring, and my son, inhis excitement, went running out
with a water pail in his hand.  He tripped and it went ALL over the living
room.  We named that little girl "Marah" - the well of bitter waters!

And just to say it AGAIN  -  my rams - now a year and a helf old, butting
each other and feeling their oats - are still pussycats when it comes to one
of us entering their pasture.  Surely genetics plays a role, and
personality, but there is also a lot to be said for how we treat our animals
on a daily basis and how they "turn out."

thom