[Jacob-list] trip with Patrice

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Fri Sep 1 08:43:46 EDT 2000

I spent last Saturday at Patrice's helping her worm.  I'd already been over
to see Edd's sheep, but this trip I got to check them out alot
closer.  There are some very lovely ewes in the bunch - strong, but still
feminine horns, and very primitive, deerlike builds.  Edd, you may say
these are what Jacobs looked like before
>" before perfect spotting, wool, horn type, etc became SO
>IMPORTANT to so many people."

But alot of these ewes would certainly not be out of place in any
flock.  Patrice will work hard to keep the line going -  I'm happy to have
these sheep, if not in my backyard, at least in my neighbor's backyard!

I'll have to add a note here on agressive rams.  The two rams that we have
around here from Edd's are both the mildest mannered rams imaginable.  I'm
not a timid person, but I do have reservations about backing a ram into a
corner and then reaching for him.  Zeppo (our purchase from last year) just
kinda looks at you while you catch him.  The new guy looked alittle
nervous, but never made an agressive move.  AND - both rams were at that
time with the ewes and had in fact bred as we were getting the worming pens
ready.

Linda

At 09:34 PM 8/31/00 -0400, Edd Bissell wrote