[Jacob-list] Ivermectin

sbennett sbennett at teleport.com
Fri Oct 27 13:39:32 EDT 2000

I use ivomec, injection for cattle and swine, 1% sterile solution. The
recommended dose for cattle is 1 ml per 110 lb body weight. My vet told
me to double the dose for oral use. I usually give between 1.5 ml to 2 ml
per adult, as most of my ewes weigh 80-90 lbs.

The last time I tried to use it as an injectable was with goats and they
reacted worse than the sheep. When one young goat screamed, kicked and
flopped around on the floor, (for a few seconds there, I thought he was
going into convulsions, he was fine, but that was just too scary), I'd
had enough and went to oral application.

Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre