[Jacob-list] LMAAP-Year 1

Judith Ostrom ostrom at genesisnet.net
Fri Oct 20 10:58:15 EDT 2000

Hi All,
Last August Mark and Cathie Williams posted about a federal assistance program for lamb and sheep producers.  I wasn't sure that this would apply to me since I am more of a niche market sheep and wool producer.  I printed the info and took it to the local FSA (formerly ASCS) office and supplied them with the information they requested.  This was mainly receipts for improvements and the bill of sale for the new ram we purchased this summer.  We filled out some more paperwork and they said, "OK, everything looks good and we'll direct deposit your check into your farm account."  And that was that.  They also said this program may be available next year.

They will pay for your shorn wool. Just certify the weight and take that info in.  None of these payments is a huge amount but it is nice to get something back.  Just be sure to save ALL your receipts (fencing, stock waterers, wire, 2x4's, etc.).  Hope this helps someone for next year.  Thanks Mark for the tip.

Judy Ostrom
Genesis Farm
Bill and Judy Ostrom, Genesis Farm, Registered Jacob Sheep, Herman,  Nebraska