[Jacob-list] us fsa sheep improvement program question

iseespots iseespots at email.msn.com
Mon Nov 27 12:12:18 EST 2000

Hi all,

Remember the 3 year program that had it's first year's deadline on October 1
of 2000?  I got my paperwork in and verbally approved by the local fsa
office manager on the 28th of September.  I was told that payment would
probably be made by November 1st, and assuming the govt. was involved, I
have waited a few extra weeks to get notification of my payment.  Well,
today, I called him up to find out where the process had gotten slowed down.
He informs me that he has no documentation of payment for the
animals/application was not completed, AND to make the story just a little
more palatable (since I had all receipts with me and they diddled around at
length to make sure everything was correct when I was filling out the form
IN THEIR OFFICE), he tells me they have not yet heard HOW or WHEN to make
any of these payments.  He also said they just took in a few more
applications just last week!

What are you experiences on this?  Am I sitting in the universal same
position as all the rest of you who applied, or is there a particular
document or phone number I can give my local fsa person to get him up to
speed with the program.  His explanation was, "this is just how the
government works" like that was supposed to make me happy and go away
quietly.

Mary Ellen
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, Shetland Sheep,
and German Angora Rabbits, colored German Angora crosses.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.