[Jacob-list] Kelmscott Farm

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Wed Nov 22 10:55:13 EST 2000

I had the pleasure of talking with Perry Ells, who works at Kelmscott Farm a few months ago.  She was telling me of the scrapie program they are in.  They raise other rare breeds of cattle, horses, pigs, chickens, ducks, and turkeys.  In addition to Jacob sheep they have Soay, Cotswold, Shetland, Katahdin, and Delaine Merino.  Their website is:  www.kelmscott.org

LInda, your sweater sounds very pretty.  It is always interesting to hear what others are doing with their Jacob wool.  I am experimenting with an "unspun" Jacob hat made on a peg loom.  I got the idea from Spin-Off when they showed an unspun vest made with roving.  I might try felting it in the washing machine after it is knitted.  Has anyone else tried this?

                                                                                     Mary Spahr