[Jacob-list] re: shearing

Robvcas at aol.com Robvcas at aol.com
Sat May 27 21:04:45 EDT 2000

Last year I sheared my four sheep with electric shears, being the first time
I'd ever sheared, and this year so far I've done six.  What I know I've
learned by doing,  and a bit of reading.  My efforts  need much improvement,
but one thing I learned by accident is how to clean the blades. I had been
using a blade wash of half diesel fuel and motor oil as recommended by the
manufacturer, running the blades in it when they gummed up.  It really wasn't
un-gumming them, so I tried spraying with W-D 40 and brushing with a
toothbrush.  It works like a charm !  I then wipe the blades, oil them and
continue.  Its much quicker and easier than the blade wash on my clippers.
Robin C.