[Jacob-list] castrating males

SJohn21855 at aol.com SJohn21855 at aol.com
Sun May 21 18:24:08 EDT 2000

Dan and all,
 Being new to the sheep world, I didn't realize that rams didn't have a
"rammy" taste when put in the freezer. That was one of the reasons that I
banded my lambs. The other reason was as stated, to try for the wether
market. I was trying to make it where I could go either way. Since these guys
still have the works (that I tried so hard to get rid of) they are
diffenately going in the freezer. No real hardship as I love the taste of
lamb. The last of the three ram lambs still has all the works. One reason is
because he looks like he could have ram potential, the other is that I hear
tell that un-castrated male sheep make really good meat. Hey I don't have to
be hit over the head to many times before I learn from my mistakes!
God Bless you all,
Shelly