[Jacob-list] (no subject)

SharHill at aol.com SharHill at aol.com
Tue May 2 16:47:47 EDT 2000

Hi everybody,

My little wether lamb has what looks like a hairy forehead.  The wool looks
longer on his forehead, don't know if it is hair exactly.  Is this bad?  I'm
new to this and just trying to learn.  This is our first baby.
He is getting big fast.  He was born March 12 and is fat and sassy.  I was
wondering about weaning.  Do you normally just let the mother wean him in her
own good time, or do you help them along?  At what age does this normally
take place?  I have a small flock of 4 and this is the only lamb.

People on the list have mentioned a "break" in the forehead that might mean
forward horns.  Is there a picture somewhere with an example of that?  I
don't think my lamb has it, his horns look perfect so far, I was just
wondering what it looks like.

Thanks,
Sharon in GA