[Jacob-list] blowers

The Blacks theblacks at interisland.net
Mon May 1 00:25:39 EDT 2000

Hi all!  I haven't had much time to chat - I've just been 'lurking' but I thought I would jump in on this one. ...  My husband managed an alpaca farm and we did all of the shearing (400 head) on our own.  He has been shearing sheep for years and had not thought of the blower until he got into the alpacas but after using it once he used it faithfully.  The only thing that I might warn you about with blowers is to be careful to blow the fiber at an angle or you end up blowing out the crimp in your fleece. If you aim the blower directly on the animal you may end up just blowing the 'veggie matter' deeper into the fiber. I used to use the blowers on my standard poodle years ago when I showed dogs and it worked great for that to so I am going to my local dog groomer to see about purchasing one for my sheep. Jason - my husband loves the blower and we will probably end up using it on our flock next year (in my spare time I am going to learn how to spin)
By the way we have been able to work it out so that we can keep our 8 registered ewes and Alex - our registered ram.  Thank you all for your thoughts and dare I say prayers - it looks like they worked!
    Tiar Black
Friday Harbor WA