[Jacob-list] Chicken Info Please

Fibre Folds Farm fibrefolds at sg23.com
Tue Jun 13 09:02:09 EDT 2000

Like Dan, I held off on mentioning preferred chicken breeds to keep with
Jacobs, but read with interest everyone's comments.  We decided on
Dominiques, who like the Wyondottes are considered critical by ALBC, and are
also an old self sufficient, good free roam and brooding breed.  There is a
picture of a Dominique on the ALBC poultry watch list page.  The home page
for ALBC is www.albc-usa.org .   They look similar to a Barred Plymouth -
black and white with bright red furnishings - and color coorindate nicely
with the Jacobs.  We joined the Dominique association and I have a list of
breeders who will sell small quantities of stock, if anyone would like me to
check a location for them.

Nedra

John and Nedra Esau
Fibre Folds Farm