[Jacob-list] Chicken Info appreciated

athome mom athomemom36 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 23:34:33 EDT 2000

Thanks for all the info and tips on raising chickens around the sheep for
fly control. But, when I mentioned it to my neighbors who live
really close to the pasture on one side, they said , oh you don't want to do
that, they stink really bad. But I dont' see how a few free range chickens
can stink. Do they really have an odor?

We're planning on clipping their wings so they dont fly out and make a
menace of themselves, we're going to put their boxes in the barn, but that's
about all the closeness they'll share. I don't see how they
would have a smell to them if they're not all "couped" up together all the
time.

Also, if someone uses a fly repellant around the sheep that won't harm them,
please let me know the name.

Thanks, and have a good day down on the farm.

Tina Bowman
Azalea Farms