[Jacob-list] chickens.

Dennis and Barbara Schultz dschultz at waypt.com
Mon Jun 12 21:17:22 EDT 2000

I was sitting here reading about everyone's experiences with chickens. When I looked out the window and saw a white leghorn hen strutting around. Talk about a chicken that has had it hard going. She has no feathers at all on her 'underside', big patches missing on her sides and her wing feathers are worn down to nubs. I went out to catch it and she ran into the Jacob paddock. It is quite a sight, one chicken being followed around by 22 Jacobs and one llama who are half afraid of her. When she turns around, they all jump back! I guess we're now into chickens too.
Denny
Dennis and Barbara Schultz
Green Water Farm
Port Townsend, WA