[Jacob-list] sheep, goats & chickens

Paul and Kate Survis kbarrett at oregontrail.net
Sun Jun 11 17:02:27 EDT 2000

Chickens do work wonders on the flys... and free roaming chickens are great,
but they are really hard on gardens...A six foot fence will contain the
heavier chickens, but clipping wings is neccesary to keep the smaller ones
confined.  I do love Buff Orpington, but am also partial to Black
Austrolops, and Barred Rock.  We also have Rhode Islands, but they are
lighter and better fliers!! I know the chickens are eating the flies, but
are they also eating worm eggs, to help keep down that parasite problem??
They have really cleaned up the lambing pature nicely.  It would be nice to
think it is also somewhat worm free.
Kate Barrett
Ruby Peak Jacobs