[Jacob-list] sheep, goats & chickens

Troy Allen troy at allenmotors.com
Sun Jun 11 09:15:29 EDT 2000

I built a chicken coop in the main paddock with the sheep. They have their
roosts, feed thing, and water thing in there, so that's where they sleep.
(sorry for the technical chicken terms,...just try to follow along  :-)  )
Although they cruise around together, I've yet to see any poop on fleece,
and there seems to be plenty for them to do other than goof around with the
hay. I feed grain in a trough I built in the"Sheep the Modern Way" book, and
I have to turn that on it's side after grain time, as the chickens will
roost on that and poop in it. Other than that, everyone gets along great,
flys are minimal, and I hope I never see flystrike,..ugh, maggots are
horrible!!!

Troy Allen
Drover's Oaks Farm
Derry New Hampshire