[Jacob-list] Blue eyes and lilac eye rings

dazazel at usit.net dazazel at usit.net
Wed Jun 7 18:18:33 EDT 2000

This is probably a very stupid question, but Bravo (my ram lamb) has pale
eyes that aren't exactly blue, but aren't exactly brown either.  I've never
seen a blue-eyed Jacob so I'm not sure if this is the color that's
considered blue.  Compared to the other sheep and the goats his eyes look
blue, but compared to my eyes they look pale brown.  Maybe he had blue eyes
as a baby but is getting brown eyes as he grows older.  Also, he has dark
black spots but definitely has the lilac eye ring.  I thought the lilac eye
ring always went with at least some lilac spotting.  I'm thrilled either
way--I love lilac fleece.

Does anyone know if there is there a genetic connection between lilac spots
and blue eyes?  Probably far-fetched.  He does have some freckling, which I
also like, and very nice spotting pattern (especially knee and eye patches).
His horns look like they're going to be nice, but of course it's too early
to tell!

Katherine

--
Visit the Valentin Peytchinov Fan Page at http://www.public.usit.net/dazazel/
Devoted to the best bass opera singer in the world!  AND the world-famous